Monday, July 20, 2009

They're on the Horizon



The heavens swirl above
The heavens crash like doves
Fiery comets flame across the sky
Fiery comets dance across my eye
Oh cypress Oh cypress you pierce atmospheres
Oh cypress Oh cypress you fierce source of tears
Little hamlet down below
Sleeping, slumbering, silently
Catch the steeple spire
Little egret draped in snow
Whispering, grumbling, violently
Match the eagle, eagle’s ire
The blue hills roll away
The dew spills decay
And the righteous do return
The runts run amuck
Cold fronts a struck
And the righteous do return
Where do they hide?
Where do they bide?
The time it goes, it goes, it drifts
I watch it, I feel it, it passes me by
Change, its only evidence
To terrorize, to anathematize, to pulverize
My mind, my blind mind, my ignorance
The bliss it wisps it wisps
Broken promise, frailties honest
I’ll miss the wisps the locks
Where are the righteous?
How far, the righteous?
We are. We are. The righteous.

No comments: